I’m supposed to finish my talk about America, but one more thing…
1. Here we are, in Kings Beach in the end of June.
2. It’s a small town on the north shore of Lake Tahoe and it was our home for the next few months. Let’s see what wiki is writing about that place.
“It is part of the Sacramento–Arden-Arcade–Roseville Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 3,796 at the 2010 census, down from 4,037 at the 2000 census. The town’s post office was erected in 1937. It was shut down between the years of 1942-1945. The area’s name is after the first postmaster, Joe King.” source
3. The most fascinating thing was the lake it made our summer. Let me introduce lake Tahoe
4. It has it’s own magic, that’s why there’re so many americans who decided to stay on lake just because they falled in love with Lake Tahoe
5. And this is our dream team!🙂
6. “At a surface elevation of 6,225 ft (1,897 m), it is located along the border between California and Nevada, west of Carson City. Lake Tahoe is the largest alpine lake in North America. Its depth is 1,645 ft (501 m), making it the second-deepest in the United States (the deepest is Crater Lake in Oregon at 1,945 ft (593 m), 300 ft (91 m) deeper). Additionally, Lake Tahoe is listed as the 27th largest lake by volume in the world at 122,160,280 acre·ft (150,682,490 dam3).” (source)
7. In summer the lake attracts tourists mostly from the US, from Bay area(San Francisco bay), Las Vegas, Los Angeles. In winter Tahoe is famous for it’s winter resorts:
- Squaw Valley: the second largest ski area, known for its hosting of the 1960 Winter Olympics, located near Tahoe City
- Northstar at Tahoe: a popular north shore ski area (WHERE WE WORKED)
8. Lake is situated in two states: California and Nevada. And you can see the lake in The Godfather Part II film.
“The 1974 film The Godfather Part II used the lakeside estate Fleur de Lac as the location of several scenes, including the elaborate confirmation celebration, the Senator’s shakedown attempt of Michael, the assassination attempt on Michael, Michael disowning Fredo, Carmela Corleone’s funeral, Fredo’s death while fishing, and the closing scene of Michael sitting alone outside. Fleur de Lac, on the western California shore of Lake Tahoe, was formerly the Henry Kaiser estate. The surrounding lakeside area has been developed into a private gated condominium community and some of the buildings of the “Corleone compound” still exist, including the boathouse.” (source)
Next post will be about Stateline Fire Lookout.